Tuesday 19 April 2011

Fashion Event - Fashion For Freedom Charity Fashion Show

I was lucky enough to be invited by the lovely Cecylia, co-owner of the stylish Cecylia Boutique in Armadale, to the Fashion for Freedom Charity Show.  This event featured the launch of Ana-Carolina Biasol's Luxurious swimwear and resort label Grandezza, alongside the latest collection of Damselfly jewellery from Melbourne designer Christianna Heideman. Not only was Cecylia Boutique a sponsor of the event, but they are one of the exclusive stockists of Damselfly's beautiful jewellery.

The event supported YGap (Y Generation Against Poverty) which is a Melbourne based charity helping international development around the world. Through the construction of schools, the promotion of education and healthcare, YGap is assisting helping some of the most disadvantaged communities around the world. They are always looking for volunteers so check out their website if you're interested in lending a hand!

My friend Suzi and I went along to watch the parade which featured stunning models, glamourous swimwear and amazing jewellery. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get decent photos of the runway from where we were standing, but here are some pictures from the night:

Cecylia and her lovely husband Chian
Me with Cecylia who looked stunning in her vintage gown
and Damselfly jeweller
The creative display of Damselfly jewellery

The mini-clothesline was a great way to
display the creative crystal necklaces



I'm loving this necklace which is available from Cecylia Boutique

Jason and Sonal in a sea of Cecylia bags!

My beautiful friend Suzi

A view of the hair and make-up studio

Designer Ana-Carolina Biasol in a stunning dress

Jesse with a cool fringed jacket

Loving the red clutch Cecylia!
It was a fantastic night which raised awareness for a great organisation doing great work!

Thanks to Suzi for the images!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I don't know how I got here, but the important thing is I'm here! Firstly, OMG. I'm not illiterate so I hope you won't judge me if I use 0-M-G as a way to describe how I'm feeling. I'm working as an accountant, aka tax consultant, and for the last year have been trying to think of a way to combine fashion and business into my career. Maybe its a bit early seeing as I'm only 19 and still studying at uni, but wow, I didn't think anyone else would have the same problem as me. I will be checking this blog out regularly, and look forward to your posts. My best friend and I (she is also an accountant, but 24 and she looks a bit like you) also wanted to start blogging, but we got lazy and distracted within a day, and stuck to using the internet to order fashion, not write about it. Haha. Anyway, I hope it's not weird me commenting and kind of telling you my life story.

    Also, I am so jealous! We are in Sydney and the fashion scene is virtually non-existant.

    Anyway, I look forward to your next post, and should you ever visit Sydney, I would love to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Salil, thanks for supporting my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment:) It's great that you know what you are passionate about at 19!

    It took me a long time to finally start a blog (I also used to get distracted by shopping!) but it has proved to be a great creative outlet for me:)

    Fashion has become so much more than just designs. Now a days, the business side is just as important as the creative side. This means it will become increasingly easier for people such as yourself to become more involved in the world of fashion.

    I encourage you to pursue what you are passionate about:) To quote the great man Confucius "choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

    I encourage you to comment and share your thoughts fashion and business:) It's great hearing from people who love fashion as much as I do!

    Please pass my blog on to anyone you think will be interested! I hope to keep hearing from you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...